Whether you’re an experienced Glasgow landlord or you’re just dipping your toe into the city’s buy-to-let market, managing rental properties can be a time-consuming task.
From marketing vacant flats and vetting tenants to performing regular maintenance and inspections, there’s more to it than simply collecting the rent each month.
That’s why so many landlords work with a letting agent to make things easier.
But how do you find the right one for your situation? Here’s our advice for choosing the perfect letting agents in Glasgow.
3 Tips for Picking the Best Letting Agents in Glasgow
1. Decide If You Want a Let-Only or Fully-Managed Service
There are countless letting agents in Glasgow. However, they’re not all made equal. Some offer a hands-off, let-only service, while others provide a fully managed, day-to-day service.
It’s up to you to decide what you want:
- If you’re happy to manage your tenants yourself, handling maintenance requests and conducting inspections, a let-only service could be the one for you. The letting agent will find new tenants and take care of the legalities, but the rest is left to you.
- On the other hand, a fully managed service will be more appropriate if you want to step away from your daily property management responsibilities.
2. Use a Knowledgeable Local Letting Agent
More and more letting agents are popping up online, but finding one with boots on the ground in Glasgow is a must.
Knowledge of the local area can help you let your property faster and for the right price. And it also means the letting agents in Glasgow can conduct in-person viewings and respond quickly to tenant issues if required.
3. Check How They Advertise Vacant Properties
Finally, you’ll want complete confidence that the letting agents in Glasgow can fill a vacant property fast. After all, every week your property lies empty is more money out of your pocket.
Check how they market available properties on their website (and elsewhere) to see if they can help yours stand out from the crowd.
- Do they use high-quality photography to grab attention?
- Are their property descriptions clear and well-written?
- Do they have a creative and consistent social media presence?
All of this can help you find the right tenants faster.
Searching for Letting Agents in Glasgow? Talk to Zone
With so many letting agents in Glasgow, it’s vital that you choose one that offers the level of service you require, with local knowledge and quality marketing thrown in for good measure.
Zone has almost two decades of experience managing properties and tenants in Glasgow. We offer regular inspections, detailed reports, and 24/7 emergency contact. And with our superior marketing visuals and skilled property consultants, we can help you find and retain the ideal tenants.
Learn more about our letting services here.